Who We Are
World Poker Tour® (WPT®) is the premier name in internationally televised gaming and entertainment with brand presence in land-based tournaments, television, online, and mobile. Leading innovation in the sport of poker since 2002, WPT® ignited the global poker boom with the creation of a unique television show based on a series of high-stakes poker tournaments.
WPT® has broadcast globally in more than 150 countries and territories, and is currently producing its 18th season, which airs on FOX Sports Regional Networks in the United States. Season XVIII of WPT is sponsored by ClubWPT.com. ClubWPT.com is a unique online membership site that offers inside access to the WPT®, as well as a sweepstakes-based poker club available in 35 states across the United States.
WPT® also participates in strategic brand license, partnership, and sponsorship opportunities. WPT Enterprises Inc. is a subsidiary of Allied Esports Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AESE).
WPT HQ › Irvine
An exciting opportunity has opened up within the Allied Esports Entertainment, Inc. finance department. Be a part of a rapidly growing, global sports entertainment company powered by two of the largest brands in the competitive entertainment sector: Allied Esports and World Poker Tour. This role will work under the direction of the VP of Finance to ensure the accounting operations of the company are running smoothly and efficiently. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the closing of monthly books, production of internal financial reports, maintenance of accounting system & records and enforcement of internal controls, participation in external audits and Sarbanes-Oxley procedures, and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Ensure timely and accurate month-end close – analysis of accounting treatment (revenue
recognition), GL posting, account reconciliation, reporting, and internal controls.
• Weekly AP processing, cash forecasting, and month-end bank reconciliation.
• Payroll processing and year-end compliance
• Support the production of forecasts, annual budget, and ad-hoc presentations.
• Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax
• Calculate variances from the budget, forecasts and prior period.
• Participate in quarterly and annual audits.
• Perform other additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience.
• CPA preferred and/or strong understanding of US GAAP.
• Willingness to work non-conventional office hours as necessary to meet deadlines.
• Expert in Microsoft Office Products, especially Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft
• Strong financial modeling skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong time-management skills with the ability to successfully and efficiently multi-task under
pressure in a fast paced environment.