Who We Are
World Poker Tour® (WPT®) is the premier name in internationally televised gaming and entertainment with brand presence in land-based tournaments, television, online, and mobile. Leading innovation in the sport of poker since 2002, WPT® ignited the global poker boom with the creation of a unique television show based on a series of high-stakes poker tournaments.
WPT® has broadcast globally in more than 150 countries and territories, and is currently producing its 18th season, which airs on FOX Sports Regional Networks in the United States. Season XVIII of WPT is sponsored by ClubWPT.com. ClubWPT.com is a unique online membership site that offers inside access to the WPT®, as well as a sweepstakes-based poker club available in 35 states across the United States.
WPT® also participates in strategic brand license, partnership, and sponsorship opportunities.
Global Events Consultant
An exciting opportunity has opened up within WPT’s Global Tour Management division, as two Global Events Consultants. Working closely with the Global Tour Management team, you will manage the execution of WPT events and deliverables for global partners, as well as coordinate cohesive PR and event-marketing campaigns through strategic planning and implementation that are aligned to the overall business objectives. This temporary consulting position could potentially lead to a full-time role.
The following skillsets are helpful to ensure the success of events:
• A solid background in event and/or project management
• An outgoing, professional, and friendly personality
• Knowledge and experience of the Poker, Gaming, and/or Entertainment industry
• Exceptional organizational skills
• A resilient work ethic and disposition
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• A proactive and flexible attitude
• Dedication to delivering world-class customer service
• To travel to domestic and international destinations and work non-conventional office hours
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong time-management skills with the ability to successfully and efficiently triage tasks under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in utilizing social media platforms and online marketing tools
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (especially Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint) and video editing software
• Experience with graphic design packages such as Photoshop
• Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, or Asian-based language
Tasks may include but not limited to:
• Oversee, manage and execute event-related logistics, budgets, staffing, and execution for WPT global events
• Implement, manage, and monitor the adherence to WPT’s global standards by casino partners (including but not limited to branding standards, official tournament structure, approved payout structure, etc.)
• Manage and coordinate logistics with host venue and approved vendors regarding WPT’s Live Stream broadcasts
• Serve as a liaison between the WPT and the sponsors in ensuring that all contractual obligations are delivered during the event, as well as compliance by sponsors regarding player-sponsorship guidelines
• Performs other duties as required by the Global Tour Management team