Earlier this week, Rocco Palumbo became the newest player to etch his name onto the prestigious WPT Champions Cup after he bested a tough final table at the Gioco Digitale WPT Venice Grand Prix.
For his efforts, Palumbo took home more than $180,000 in prize money, including a $25,000 entry into the season-ending WPT World Championship at Bellagio, where he could walk away with more than a million more in winnings. In addition, Palumbo’s victory also earned him membership in World Poker Tour’s exclusive Champions Club, where he’ll enjoy all sorts of benefits that make living life on tour much easier and a whole lot more fun.
As part of the club, Palumbo – and every other current WPT Champion – receive:
- Their name engraved on the traveling WPT Champions Cup which is displayed at live World Poker Tour events around the world
- A personalized WPT Champions Cup replica and a DVD commemorating their victory
- VIP registration to any future WPT tournament around the world and a dedicated contact person at WPT
- VIP hotel check-in at WPT events
- Free access to casino nightclubs and restaurant line passes
- Their name included on the WPT TV ticker
- A lifetime VIP membership to ClubWPT.com
Palumbo’s victory in Venice also earned him valuable WPT Player of Year points that move him up the leader board in the race for the tour’s most coveted title. With just a few events left before next month’s WPT World Championship, Matt Salsberg and Paul Volpe are currently tied for the lead with 2,350 points each. Paul Klann sits in third place with 1,800 points, while Antonio Esfandiari and Marvin Rettenmaier round out the top five with 1,500 points each.
As the Season XI WPT Player of the Year, the winner will receive a crystal trophy commemorating their accomplishment along with free hotel rooms, food, and ground transportation to and from WPT’s partner casinos for all of Season XII.