We’re packing our bags and hitting the road for a month’s worth of amazing tournaments on our new California Swing, and we want you to come along for the ride.
Consisting of three great events – the WPT LA Poker Classic, the WPT Bay 101 Shooting Star, and the brand new WPT Rolling Thunder event – the California Swing is a poker tour through the Golden State that offers tons of tournament action and an amazing California Swing grand prize package for one lucky winner.
To participate, players must compete in all three of the following events:
- The $10,000 WPT LA Poker Classic at LA’s Commerce Casino starting March 1
- The $7,500 WPT Bay 101 Shooting Star at San Jose’s Bay 101 Casino starting March 10
- The $3,500 WPT Rolling Thunder at Sacramento’s Thunder Valley Casino starting March 15
Players will earn points based on their finishing position in each event and the one player who earns the most points will receive a 2015 California Swing grand prize package including:
- 10 nights free accommodation at the Commerce Casino’s Crowne Plaza Hotel during the 2015 WPT LA Poker Classic
- Up to five nights in a free suite at the Thunder Valley Casino Resort and $500 in food and beverage credits during the 2015 WPT Rolling Thunder
- A one-way private jet flight to San Jose, CA from either Los Angeles or Las Vegas and the opportunity to play as a Shooting Star at the 2015 WPT Bay 101 Shooting Star
- Players will earn 5 points for each event they play
- Players must compete in all three California Swing events to be eligible for the grand prize package
- Players will earn 10 points for each event in which they cash
- Players will receive an extra point for each percentage point of the cashed field that they surpass (e.g., if a player beats 15% percent of the cashed field, they will receive 15 points in addition to the 10 points they earned for finishing in the money, giving them a total of 25 points for the event)
- Players who reach a California Swing final table will receive additional bonuses as follows:
- Sixth place – 10 points
- Fifth place – 20 points
- Fourth place – 30 points
- Third place – 40 points
- Second place – 50 points
- First place – 60 points
- In the event that two players are tied in points after completion of all three events, the player who earned the most money will be named the grand prize winner
View the California Swing Official Rules.