Learn the tournament poker strategies that separate players who cash from players who win…and players who squeak into the final table from those who arrive as chip leader.
The brand-new Tournament Camp 2.0 designed by the pros at WPT Boot Camp gives players the latest in cutting-edge tournament strategy. Held January 26 – 27, 2013, at the Hilton in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, this camp delves into tournament concepts so crucial that they affect virtually every decision a player makes during an event. Many of these concepts are widely misunderstood, misrepresented, or go completely unrecognized. As a result, poker players may not even realize what a critical role they should play in their decision-making. In this camp, attendees will be shown a new and detailed framework to guide all their tournament decisions, helping them gain a huge edge over their opponents.
WPT Boot Camp Tournament Camp 2.0 has been built from the ground up, offering brand-new material and strategies not found in previous WPT Boot Camp Tournament Camps or Clinics.
The world’s most experienced team of poker educators will share their knowledge, explain their strategies, and help players to think like a pro. WPT Boot Camp pros love teaching and are fully committed to helping everyone maximize their poker potential. Attendees will have access to our team of instructors for two full days, including class time, labs, breaks, and meals.
Learn How a Pro Thinks About Tournaments
WPT Boot Camps are interactive experiences where players will hear lively presentations from a panel of pros on essential poker topics, illustrated by hand animations and key examples from TV.
Get Real-Time Feedback on Tournament Play
To make sure players are able to immediately apply material from the presentations, they’ll play hands in our live labs, where they’ll hear us explore the ins and outs of every choice they make.
Experience Total-Immersion Poker Training
Tournament poker requires walking a fine line. Sometimes you have to be patient and wait for the right cards. Other times you have to make a move based solely on the situation, regardless of the hand you’re dealt. Our pros will help players discover how to distinguish between those two situations and learn which factors to consider in making their decisions.
Learn how to think like a winning player by mastering these key aspects of tournament play:
- Learn how experts play tournaments compared to average players
- Learn to put your opponent on a range of hands
- Accumulate chips—even when you’re not getting good cards
- Understand how your stack and your opponents’ stacks should affect your play
- Learn when to protect your stack and when to ramp up your aggression
- Learn how to avoid all-ins while still playing aggressively
- Discover how to create fold equity and use it to build a big stack
- Understand how pot odds and implied odds should affect your tournament decisions
- Learn when you’re pot-committed…and when your opponent is
- Develop specific techniques for exploiting the bubble
- Adjust for short-handed play
- Understand when you can anticipate a call from an opponent
- Find out when you can successfully min-raise…and when you can’t
- Avoid giving yourself difficult postflop decisions
- Develop a clear strategy for short-stack play
- Identify good situations to bluff…and learn to avoid bad ones
- Adjust for play on the bubble
Tournament Camp 2.0 Instructors
- More than $5 million in tournament winnings
- Three World Series of Poker final tables
- Author of Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time, Vols. I and II
- Played over 2 million hands of poker
- World Series of Poker Circuit Champion
- WPT Director of Training and Curriculum
- High-stakes cash game player
- Became one of the World Poker Tour’s first instructors in 2005
- Poker columnist, Bluff Magazine, All-In, Casino Player