With WPT Alpha8 Johannesburg just a few weeks away, players are busy updating their passports and travel arrangements in preparation for this unique poker event.
Pros confirmed for the $100,000 tournament on February 14 and 15 include Fabian Quoss, Tobias Reinkimier, Max Altergott, and two-time WPT Alpha8 champion, Philipp Gruissem. Also joining the field will be Greg Ronaldson, who won his entry last weekend through a live satellite held at Emperors Palace.
Players looking to replicate Ronaldson’s feat and earn their chance to join this elite field can play for their entry in one of Emperors Palace’s upcoming satellite events on January 25-26 and February 11-12.
If the chance to play in this elite tournament isn’t enough, remember that all WPT Alpha8 Johannesburg players will be treated like royalty during their time in South Africa, enjoying a wide array of exclusive benefits including:
- Complimentary hotel accommodations at the five-star Peermont D’Oreale Grande
- Complimentary ground transportation to and from the airport
- A dedicated VIP host
- A complimentary pair of Monster headphones
- A complimentary three-day safari at the gorgeous Ivory Tree Game Lodge
For players interested in additional excursions during their time in South Africa, Emperors Palace will gladly help organize outings to a variety of attractions and events, including:
- Private tours of Soweto including the Apartheid Museum
- Lion Park and Elephant Sanctuary excursions
- A trip to Cape Town including a visits to Table Mountain, Lions Head, a winery tour, and a day of Great White cage diving
- Tickets to the World Title Boxing match at Emperors Palace on February 15 and to the International Cricket match between the Australian and South African national teams
With so much to do – and so much money to play for in this spectacular tournament – this is simply the type of poker trip you can’t afford to miss. Contact [email protected] now for more information and to reserve your spot in Johannesburg.